Together We Are Stronger

Hey, Kids!

Coach Heather suggested the other day that we start a blog where we could easily find coaching related documents and share ideas to help us grow our BeachBody coaching business.

This blog is, as the name suggests, a collective effort. There is no doubt about it: multiple heads are better than one. By helping each other, we help ourselves grow.

If you have any ideas or documents, please send Heather or myself your contributions! Together, we are stronger.

Here's to building our business and to our success!

Barbie, PhD




Sunday, September 7, 2008

Creating Your Own Blog!


Alright, now that you have a Beachbody Message Board set up and going and you have your Beachbody website up and personalized, why not consider something a whole lot more personal!  Start a BLOG!  Its free and so easy!  Barbie and I believe that the blog is such a great personal touch that draws our customers to us!  Its our way of speaking to them outside of the Beachbody Community!  It is one way to do something a little above and beyond what other coaches might be doing!  And, it helps get our name out there!

Barbie and I both use Blogspot.com!  Both of us are not overly up on the computer technology and can manage to blog!  It took me about an hour to sit in there and learn what I was doing.  Then I just started blogging!  

How often do I update my blog? 
I try to update it with one blog post everyday!  It keeps it interesting and coming back.  I try not to do more then once a day (ok, today I have been crazy here, but this is an exception).  I like my subscribers to get 1 maybe 2 messages from me a day, not a hundred!  Just enough to spark their interest! 

What do I blog about?  
Anything that I want.  Here are a few things I talk about on a daily basis.
  • My workouts, good or bad, how I struggled,...  I try to keep it light and fun!  Try to think about something in the workout that will make people laugh!  Maybe a crazy comment about Debbie and her non-stop burning leg lifts!  You know, you probably aren't the only one who has issues with them!  This helps get people to connect to you.
  • I give reviews and information about the Beachbody products or other products and websites I use that help me on my journey!
  • If I struggle for topics, my brain just is not creative that day, then I look up an article in a magazine or online that I know is going to help my customers.  Maybe I heard a lot of people as what is whey protein and why is it important.  I will then look up stuff on whey protein and a blog about it!
  • I post success stories!  Showing is believing!
  • The topics are endless!
What else do I put on my blog?
  • Before and after pictures
  • Links to my Beachbody sites - like to order products or to sign up as a coach, to sign up for WOWY
  • Links to other important sites like Fitday,...
What else?
  • Don't forget to set up a place for your customers to subscribe to your blog!  You want them coming back or getting your tips!
  • You can track your hits and information by using Feedburner!  We can save this for another topic!  This is a great way to find out how many people you have reading your blog!  If set up correctly, it also helps to see where they are finding your blog?
  • As mentioned in the website post, creating a Domain Name for your blog is another easy way for you to give people your website information or to add to a card!  A few examples of easy to remember domain names are:  Barbie's - GetFitWithBarbie.com or mine HeathersFitnessSpot.com.

No comments: